NORD AGRI MISSION
Nord Agri mission is to supply customers with ecological and innovative high quality peat moss products for different types of applications, while increasing crop yield and improving soil quality.
NORD AGRI VISION
Nord Agri vision is to produce the highest quality peat moss products with respect to our nature and values and offer the most efficient logistics solutions to any destination in the world.
Latvia is one of the greenest countries in the world, therefore one of our greatest priorities is a sustainable peatland management with economically sound and efficient cultivation of peat moss. That is why we are the members of RPP Certification.
WE ARE YOUNG AND ENTHUSIASTIC
- Production of natural peat moss and peat moss substrates begun in early 2013 – with our experience and continuous product development, we have developed the highest quality products for professionals in every growing industry.
- All our clients are equally important to us, and we cater to every need of ever-growing and changing industry. We adapt to our client requirements, and we always offer the opportunities of customizing the products to suit every needs!
- NORD AGRI is fast growing company expending its business over 50 countries in all the regions in the world!
REASERCH BASED INNOVATION
- NORD AGRI offers professional peat moss substrates with the highest quality fertilisers and other additives and nutrients from TOP brands and suppliers.
- Working in close cooperation with researchers of the National Botanic Garden of Latvia, we have developed an innovative organic substrates and a new fertiliser
- Humic+ has shown great and strong results together with our seedling and potting substrates during the research trials. Using Humic+ with our professional substrates is the best recipe for strong and healthy plants throughout the growing process
Sustainable production, safe and environmentally friendly operations, products, and services are some of key values for Nord Agri. With the current worldwide trends, limitations, and environmental changes, now it is very important to optimize business processes for a more sustainable future!
- Peat moss from Baltic States is considered to be one of the best in the world, therefore the preservation and responsible production of the resources are one of our main core values with NORD AGRI
- Every year after the peat moss cultivation and harvesting, we ensure that the peat fields and used areas are safe and prepared for regeneration – to enable its natural succession and unchanged quality through the years
- Our products always meet responsible peat cultivation criteria – with the Responsibly Produced Peat (RPP) certification:
Responsibly Produced Peat
Nord Agri has received the Certificate for Responsibly Produced Peat (RPP) – No. RPP-19-0120.
With RPP certificate, Nord Agri is a member of a group of peat product industry companies that bear the RPP certificate and badge. It indicates that the harvested and produced peat by Nord Agri is keeping the environment unharmed and sustainable.
RPP certification ensures that peatland will be used, managed, and restored in a responsible way. The main goals for this organization and the RPP certificate are:
1. Protection of high conservation value areas:
Leave natural peatlands and bogs that have high conservation value untouched and ensure the protection of these areas.
2. Assuring the availability of peat from responsible sources:
Peat is the most valuable growing media constituent. Peat counts for 75% of the volume in growing media. Other materials are used, often in addition to peat, however, there are no better suited materials for growing media in the world.
3. Preference for restoration or best possible development after production:
Maximise peat production from degraded peatlands and encourage restoration. Consulting stakeholders, local authorities, NGOs, and local communities allows us to maintain the healthy conditions and ensure restoration in peatlands.
More info about the RPP certificate as well as the list of companies that have adopted the responsible practices and received the certificate, can be found here: https://www.responsiblyproducedpeat.org/en/rpp-registered-companies